Thursday, March 25, 2010

Make a difference

Wow where has March went!! Time is flying and I have so much to get done. I have been doing very well with my training and must say I am proud of myself. I have planned my training schedule and am working on adding 2 miles each month. By October I should be at 19 miles, I plan on having 500 miles in training under my belt by October. So far I haven't found a walking buddy, but anyone is welcome to join me at any time. I have found a nice route and am always greeted by 2 playful pups almost every weekend. Last weekend the smallest one decided she wanted to come along with me, she got into a little trouble. I was glad to hear they were both harmless, good thing. So I will finish March with 5 miles per walk and start April with 7 miles.

Fundraising is on my list for April, don't forget about the Texas Hold 'Em Tournament on April 10th, we are hoping for 60 players. I will be taking orders the last 2 weeks of April for Saving Sisters candles they will be $12 each, and are handmade by Forgotten Creek Candles. The scents available are very vanilla, hot baked apple pie, cinnamon stick, fresh peach, fresh linen and spring lilac. I have some other things I am planning and will let you know about those when they are confirmed.

I am walking for those who have lost their battle with breast cancer, those who have survived and for those who may one day face breast cancer. I will be making a necklace that I will carry with me when I walk. If you would like for me to walk in honor or memory of someone let me know. In October my sister and I will be walking in honor of our grandmother!! The thing about breast cancer is you never know who or when it might hit, so let's all MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment